Automatic wine bottle opener vs manual wine bottle opener
You may have a nice handy wine bottle opener placed in your mini bar at home. Now, after watching attractive advertisements online, you may be thinking of switching to a brand new automatic opener. But, before investing, know the main differences between an automatic wine opener and a manual wine opener.
Pros of Automatic Opener:
The first thing that comes to mind as an advantage is the ease of its usage. You don’t need to line up the corkscrew’s tip with the cork’s top part. Again, there is no need to worry about breaking the bottle or open the cork cracking it. You can place an automatic electric wine bottle opener on the top of the bottle cork, make sure that the level of the bottle is okay, and finally press a button for uncorking. It takes few seconds to pull the cork out of the bottle without any mess.
- Automatic openers are less prone to break corks.
- The even pressure doesn’t let the cork get ruptured.
- The fine manufacturing helps in driving the cork in to the accurate depth before pulling it out.
- It takes less time and effort.
- It looks extremely stylish.
Cons of automatic opener:
- You need a power source.
- If you purchase a stationery product, then you may require certain components to operate it.
- You may not have the appropriate power source that is exactly required to operate an automatic wine bottle opener.
Pros of manual wine bottle opener:
- You can get various styles if you choose manual wine bottle openers.
- Majority of manual openers are manufactured to make the opening process simple.
- Usage of fulcrums and gear mechanisms are added.
- You can open wine bottle having non-traditional sizes and unique neck styles.
- You don’t need an outlet to charge it.
- You don’t have to carry any special bag or something to carry a manual wine bottle opener.
- No special cartridges are required.
- Usually, manual wine bottle openers include cap openers, foil cutter, etc.
Cons of manual wine bottle openers:
- People with wrist or nerve problems may not operate a manual wine bottle opener.
- You have to hold the opener at the right place for pulling out the cork.
- The opener can break while in operation.
- You may get hurt while the cork pops out of the bottle as you are in direct full contact with the opener.
Takeaway: Choose wisely according to your need. However, the advanced automatic wine bottle opener is an excellent choice to invest in.